Everyone’s favorite search engine has made it easier to get the search results you desire. You can filter your result set to show forums, reviews, videos, etc. and place a time constraint on the result set as well.
1. Go to Google as you normally would.
2. Input the search criteria and click the Google Search button.
3. You will see your result set (as you normally would).
4. Go to the very top of the result set and click the Show options link.
5. You will see a set of search options appear on the left side of the screen. Your options are Videos, Forums, and Reviews. Time constraints are recent results for the past 24 hours,past week and past year. You can enhance the standard result set with either images from the page or with more text. Finally, you can look at related searches, the Wonder Wheel or a Timeline.
Following are examples:
Selecting Video will narrow your result set to show only those pages with an associated video.
Selecting Forums will narrow your result set to show only those pages that Google has associated with Forums.
Selecting Reviews will narrow your result set to show only those pages that Google has associated with reviews.
By using Google’s new Search Options, you can narrow your result set and find what you are looking for in far less time than before.
This Tech Tip is brought to you by the Business and Technology Section ... IT solutions for today's CPAs. For more information and to view an archive of previous Tech Tips, please visit us here.